Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Video Output on RetroPie Set mupen64plus as standard n64

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    poochie
    Participant

Hey guys,
    i am configuring retropi only over ssh since i dont have an usb keyboard. Since 3.0 n64 emulators use the same rom folder. libretro emulator is set as the standard emulator and it can be modified pressing x or m on emulator start. Since i dont have a keyboard i cannot enter this menu. How can i change the settings over ssh. Or is there a simple way to access this using my laptop keyboard?

Omnija
    Participant

navigate to /opt/retropie/configs/[system] inside that folder there’s a file called emulators.cfg. You can change it in that change default emulator name.

poochie
    Participant

thx, that did the job.
    own you a beer

patrickm
    Participant

An easier way to do this is to hold “x” or “m” when launching from emulationstation, then select “change default emulator”

poochie
    Participant

as i mentioned in my post, i am configuring retropi only via ssh, because i do not have a usb keyboard. this does not work without an attached keyboard.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

it does if you update retropie-setup and then do

sudo ./retropie_packages.sh runcommand install

it should then allow use of joypad to enter the menu / configure (works on my two controllers at least)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

usb keyboards are very cheap though – handy to have a wireless one available rather than having to do everything remotely.

poochie
    Participant

works like a charm, thx buzz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.