• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Martin.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nick
    Participant

Hello!

I’m new to Linux and really need some guidance on how to fix the playstation BIOS so that I’m able to save games. I’ve been looking around for old forum posts and can only find stuff for before 2.0 so I’m having a hard working out where I’m meant to put the BIOS and how I’d go about doing that.

I have a BIOS file ready ( scph1001 ) which I think is correct

Any help would be very much appreciated! =)

smatticus
    Participant

That’s something that I’m looking at too since everything I’ve done still results with the “bios not found” message. But for saving I’ve just been using save states (by using hotkeys on my controller), and that’s worked out alright for me so far. Could work for you in the short term until someone figures this out.

nick
    Participant

That’s a good idea, thank you! I just got those working

ribenickel
    Participant

You could test some different bios files
    scph5500.bin
    scph5501.bin
    scph5502.bin
    and put them in the folder home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS
    I also have version 2.2 and i think it works though i havent tested savegames yet, but i dont get missing bios shown anymore

smatticus
    Participant

I will give that approach a shot tonight when I get home. I had grabbed the 7502 bios since it was the newest. Is placing the file in the BIOS folder still the only thing we have to do? I read that you need to put a path in the psx retroarch.cfg file to tell it where to look.

ranem123
    Participant

i put all bios from psx into the folder but still getting the message and some games not starting at all like SF3 Alpha loop at Checking Memory Card ! NEED FIX !

ribenickel
    Participant

Try this:
    1. Go To Paradies find PSX_Bios Pack
    2. Unzip and Rename
    PSX – SCPH5500.BIN -> scph5500.bin
    PSX – SCPH5502.BIN -> scph5502.bin
    PSX – SCPH7003.BIN -> scph5501.bin
    3. Copy the 3 files to /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS
    Good Luck

Martin

there exist many Bios-files for the psx.

why do you take 3 bios-files? why did you rename the last one?
    and are newer files better or faster for the pi ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.