Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nudoru
    Participant

Another noob here – I’ve been trying for several hours to sort this but I can’t figure it out.

I installed 2.6 to an SD Card for a new Pi 2 yesterday. I have a SNES style USB controller that I’ve successfully configured with Retroarch. It works fine in NES games, but I’m having issues with SNES games – works in menus but doesn’t in gameplay.

The main problem I’ve having is configuring the Select + Start exit key to save/quite the game and go back to EmulationStation.

From various threads/google, I’m supposed to update the retroarch.cfg file OR the USB,2axis8-buttongamepad.cfg file. I’ve added

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”

To the USB cfg file in
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs
    and the retroarch.cfg files in
    /opt/retropie/configs/all and /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch

But it still doesn’t work.

Am I doing this correctly? Is there something different with 2.6 – most of the answers I’ve found online were for 2.3. Is this still the correct method and which file is the correct one?

Floob

2.6.0 is pretty much the same as the others in terms of retroarch.

You only need to put this in one place – it depends if you are using auto controller files or hardcoding changes in the retroarch.cfg file.

These 2 videos should answer the detail:

It may also help if you upload (as attachments – need to rename to .txt) your retroarch.cfg and USB,2axis8-buttongamepad.cfg

If you did want to put it in your retroarch.cfg (i.e. if you will never use a different type of controller) then the only one you want to edit is
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

One simple thing you check, is make sure the quotes ” are the same in the file, as in they arent slightly different styles, either way, let us know how it goes.

nudoru
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll watch those and give a go tomorrow afternoon – next block of time I’ll have.

I was worried about the quotes, but they “look” right. Not sure why my keyboard mapping is off but the @ and ” keys are swapped – think it’s on a UK layout even though i set it up as US.

nudoru
    Participant

It was a typo! Must have missed it! Thanks for the videos – they were very informative.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.